If you have at least two full academic years left in college, you may be eligible to join NEU ROTC (Liberty Battalion Army ROTC) and compete for a scholarship.
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be under 31 years old by December 31 of your college graduation year..
- Satisfactorily explain any record of arrest and/or civil conviction (no felony convictions).
- Be admitted to one of the schools affiliated with Liberty Battalion (Berklee College of Music, Boston College, Emerson College, Emmanuel College, Framingham State University, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Northeastern University, Regis College, Simmons University, Suffolk University, and Wentworth Institute of Technology).
- Must not have moral obligations that will prevent you from bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States.
Campus-Based Scholarship Opportunities
Students who were not awarded a scholarship through the Army ROTC National Scholarship process or did not apply for the scholarship while in high school may apply for a two or three year campus-based scholarship. This process will occur once a semester while you are enrolled as a Cadet at Liberty Battalion. Campus-based scholarship applicants are screened locally by our Enrollment and Scholarship Officer. In addition to meeting the above eligibility criteria, campus-based scholarship applicants must:
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater and the applicants previous semester GPA must be at least a 2.5.
- Agree to accept a commission as an officer in the Regular Army, Army National Guard, or Army Reserve.
- Pass a Department of Defense Medical Examination Review Board (DoDMERB) physical examination.
- Full tuition
- Mandatory Fees
- $1,200 book stipend every year
- $420 monthly stipend
- Some of our schools offer additional benefits specifically for Army ROTC Scholarship winners
Contracted Cadets Pay without a Scholarship
Students may participate in Army ROTC without a scholarship. These students, upon contracting (as early as they’ve finished the MS101 and MS102 courses) will incur an Active Duty service obligation of three years once they commissioned or an eight year reserve component obligation. Contracted Cadets will receive the $420 a month stipend.More information for current college students